Road Injury And TAC Claims, Workplace Injury And WorkCover Claims
Richard is a Partner of the firm, practising in the areas of WorkCover and transport accidents. He established and continues to manage our Frankston and Wonthaggi offices and also sees clients in our Dandenong office.
Prior to joining RCT, Richard worked in the automotive industry and the metal trades. This has given him first-hand knowledge of health and safety issues in the workplace. Richard is also experienced in handling Country Fire Authority injury compensation claims.
In addition to providing clients with expert legal advice and representation, Richard advocates in many forums for the rights of people who have been injured at work and on the roads.
He is the current WorkCover representative on the Victorian committee of the Australian Lawyers Alliance and consults with WorkCover on the Legal Liaison Group and the Rehabilitation and Return to Work Committee.
Richard is also a member of the Law Institute of Victoria Transport Accident Committee, Accident Compensation Committee and the National Disability Insurance Scheme Working Group.
Achievements & Memberships
- 2001 - Present LIV Member
- 2009 - Present LIV Accident Compensation Committee member, previous Chair of the Committee
- 2008 - present LIV TAC Committee
- LIV Subcommittee dealing with issues surrounding implementation of NDIS
- 2007 - present ALA State Committee
- 2012 - 2015 ALA State Committee, Victorian Workcover representative
- 2012 - 2015 Victorian Government Legal liason group Committee member
- 2014 - 2015 Committee Member, Workcover Advisory Committee at Worksafe
- 2012 - Present Committee member Rehabilitation and Compensation Working Group Worksafe
- 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Doyle's Guide Recommended Plaintiff Lawyer
- 2001 - 2007 Lawyer, RCT
- 2007 - Present Partner, RCT